Fruit and nut stuffing bake
- 80g butter, plus extra for greasing
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 2 apples, cored and finely chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- ½ tbsp dried sage
- Salt and black pepper
- 200ml vegetable stock
- 500g breadcrumbs
- 100g dried apricots, chopped
- 50g dried cranberries
- 100g walnuts, chestnuts or pecans, chopped
Preheat the oven to 180°C/ 160°C fan/gas mark 4 and butter the bottom and sides of the Pyrex Asimetria rectangular roaster
- Melt the butter in a frying pan over a medium-high heat and cook the celery, apples and onion for five minutes until soft.
- Stir in the parsley, thyme, sage, salt and pepper
- Pour in the vegetable stock, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom with a wooden spoon. Remove the pan from the heat and leave to cool slightly.
- Combine the cooled mixture with the breadcrumbs, apricots, cranberries and nuts until moist. Stir in more stock if neeeded.
- Transfer the mixture to the Pyrex Roaster and bake for 30-35minutes until golden brown on top.