1. Cut the chicken into 6 pieces.
2. In the casserole dish, cook the onion in the oil until golden, then add the pieces of chicken, and brown on each side.
3. Add the garlic, the tomatoes, carrot, spices and tomato puree. Add salt and pepper. Mix well, cover and leave to simmer for 45 minutes.
4. During this time, bring the stock to boiling point.
5. When the 45 minutes cooking time is up, spread the rice and the raisins over the chicken. Mix, then pour on the chicken stock. Cover and pour 100 ml of cold water onto the lid. Leave to simmer gently for 30 minutes.
6. Leave to settle for 10 minutes before opening the casserole dish so that the rice absorbs the sauce fully. Serve hot.