- 1. Preheat the oven to 180°C / 160°C fan / Gas Mark 4. Grease four ramekins with a little oil then use the smoked salmon to line the inside of each ramekin leaving no gaps and leaving enough hanging over the edges to cover the tops later.
- 2. Once lined, cut any remaining salmon into small pieces and add to the beaten eggs, along with the chives. Season well with salt and black pepper.
- 3. Pour the egg mixture into the lined ramekins, then gently fold over the salmon.
- 4. Place the ramekins on a baking tray, pour water in the tray to around 5cm depth, then bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until set and firm to the touch.
- 5. To make the cheat’s hollandaise, mix together the crème fraîche, horseradish, lemon juice and black pepper.
- 6. Once the eggs are cooked, remove from the water and turn upside down on a plate. Remove the ramekin. Serve with hollandaise and salad leaves.
Recipes by British Lion Eggs